Saturday, July 21, 2012

1.2 pounds

I went on vacation.  I didn't eat with careless abandon, but I surely didn't diet despite my good intentions before leaving.  My vacation was SEVEN weeks.  The good news...I DIDN'T GAIN WEIGHT!!!  I actually lost 1.2 pounds.  Not a big loss, but I will take it!

Seriously, I ate good food.  I enjoyed the food.  I went to Brew Burgers in Omaha, Tripoli's pizza in Salisbury Beach, MA, I went to Bugaboo Creek, Ben & Jerry's in Vermont (that was early on, I only ate their free sample and got a smoothie), Charlie's in Gloucester, MA, Bobby's Burger Palace in the DC area, Dunkin Donuts at least 4 times (eek!), a BBQ joint in Kansas City, Bajio's Mexican grill at least 4 times, Tucano's Brazilian Grill (Happy Anniversary to my husband and me!), Osaka in Provo, UT, and Zupa's...and more I probably forgot.  That's not diet eating!  Sure, I made good choices at several of those places and I was at my mom's house for nearly 4 weeks and I ate a lot of veggie stir-fry's there.  But even the healthiest choices at those places isn't as healthy as what I'd eat at home.  But I don't regret it.  It's nice to see I can maintain without much work.  I did exercise while gone, but not daily and not to the extent I've been doing at home.

Since coming home I've ran every day and done Zumba twice. I'm back and I'm ready to get this weight moving again!

No comments: