Monday, March 9, 2009

Bye bye Las Vegas

I've been looking forward to running the Las Vegas Half-Marathon at the end of the year. But as I look at the numbers in terms of money, I just can't make it work. It's too darn expensive for a family of four to go there with our salary right now. Sigh...

BUT, I'm not giving up on running a half-marathon this year. I did some checking and there are TWO of them later this year that I might be able to get ready for. One is in September, just four days before my 31st birthday and the other is four weeks after that in October. I can't remember which is which, but one is in Denver and the other in Boulder. So, I might have to start working a little harder so I can be ready sooner. It seems there's one in Pueblo the same weekend as the Las Vegas one, but they're not releasing details for it until September. I wish I could find out more about it now. It would be the most ideal one. In less than 12 weeks we'll be living about 20 minutes from Pueblo...so lodging would be free and travel costs would just be the gas to drive up there.

My run today was pretty pathetic. I didn't get started on exercise until too late in the day. After 80 minutes at the gym plus walking there and back, I only had time to run a mile before my husband had to go to work and I had to go pick up our oldest from preschool. But at least I got some running in today.

No comments: