Thursday, February 28, 2008

Do I Praise or Shame Myself?

I'm not sure if I should praise myself or shame myself today. My workout, if you can even call it that, was only 15 minutes long. See...we had a late night with the baby and Kenzie was content to cuddle on our bed this morning and watch The Little Mermaid while Josh, Josie and I slept some more. So we slept in and I had to run a couple errands and Josh had to shower and go to work. So I had a grand total of 15 minutes to exercise. I walked for 5 minutes, ran for 5 minutes, then walked for another 5 minutes. That's all. Is it good that I used those 15 minutes, or pathetic that I slept in and didn't exercise more?

On another note...I did 100 jumping jacks a couple days ago. I did 4 sets of 25 with 30 seconds of running in place in between. I didn't think much of it, just that it was a little heart beat booster. But yesterday I could feel it in my sides. Who knew? Ok, probably a lot of people knew, I just didn't. Lol!

Oh...and on yet another note...we're doing our monthly grocery shopping tomorrow. Usually I wander the aisles getting what I think we'll need. But tonight I planned out a bunch of mostly healthy meals, or meals that I can make healthier, and made a list. Yep, I got all organized about it. I hope this helps us eat better. We'll need a few things as the month goes along like fresh produce and milk and meat, but I can get everything else tomorrow. Yay!

5 comments:

Katie said...

You should definitely praise yourself on the exercise. Some is better than none! Good job on the menu planning, too. That's something I definitely need to work on!

Lorie said...

I agree with Katie some is better than none! I have found that since I am eating healthier I am actually spending more at the grocery, but getting less. Why does it have to be so expensive to eat healthy? I don't think I could go to the grocery without a list, but that may be because I am on a tight budget? I guess it also like a game to me planning out meals and grocery list, I just enjoy it! good Luck this weekend!

Jen said...

PRAISE AWAY! That is awesome that you exercised! At least you didn't stay in bed and eat bon bons! GOOD JOB!!

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

I think 15 minutes is praise worthy! :)

Anonymous said...

Why would you ever shame yourself? Be nice to you... You're you after all. Would you shame someone else you were friends with? No matter what... go with the praise. That's my advice anyway.

I'm visiting from the blog party... Happy partying!