Monday, August 10, 2009

Pushed myself

I pushed myself tonight. I forced myself to run faster...A LOT faster! I ran anywhere from 1.0 - 1.5 miles per hour faster than normal. That meant I couldn't run as far, but I sure felt it more.

BUT...I have to confess I didn't run the last two days before today. Last night I was all ready to exercise, I was in my running gear, I'd just sung to my daughter so she'd go to sleep and came out in the living room. My awesome husband had moved the LoveSac to the middle of the room and had put in Twilight. He hates chick movies like that and rarely will watch one with me. I just couldn't resist the chance to cuddle and enjoy. So I don't totally feel bad. The night before it was just friggin HOT! The girls had turned the heat on and we didn't discover that for awhile, plus it was a SUPER hot day and it was just so uncomfortable. I know that's a lame excuse, but I was just so sluggish with the heat.

Anyway...I'm trying and I felt really good about how I ran tonight.

1 comment:

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Hi! How about a goal of 4 times a week? My friend is training for the NYC marathon...and even THOSE guys/girls only train 4 days a week. (2 short days, 1 medium day, 1 long day) They say the "off" days are completely necessary for recovery. Anyway..just a thought....it might be more realistic, given your other responsibilities...and you would not feel so bad when you skipped a day. Getting myself to the gym 3-4 days a week..especially with the kids all home for the summer...is an act of God...! LOL You are doing great!