Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I did it, but it's not a habit yet...

So I did my 1.5 mile run tonight. Today was day 15, also the first day of 1.5 miles. But it's still not a habit. I can just tell. Right now it's something I'm forcing myself to do, but it's not easy. So I decided to look up how many days of doing something equals a habit. In that lovely Google search I found this blog, 21 Days. I haven't taken the time to really read much of it yet. Seriously, I just did this search and it's after 1am. I'll look around more, just let me get some sleep first. This whole staying up way too late thing can't be good for my health. Anyway, it's about someone who set out to make running a habit in 21 days. Now she's running race after race. How dang cool is that???

So, I guess that means I'm 6 days away from running being a habit. That's not too bad, right? That would mean by the time I watch next week's The Biggest Loser (don't get me started on tonight's episode...gah!) running will be a habit.

Oh...and I'm not just taking the above mentioned blogger's word that 21 days makes a habit. Nope, I also found it at D*I*Y Planner among other places. Of course, most of those were blogs. But come on, bloggers know all...right? Ok, maybe not. But I'm taking their word for it this time.

No comments: