Saturday, January 3, 2009

I think I'm being tested

Meeting with a trainer a couple times a week has been helping me stay consistent with going to the gym. She makes me do the stuff I hate, but need to do. She's been talking about a major surgery she has coming up, but it was supposed to be in March. This morning she told me she got a call and it's been changed to Wednesday. Yeah, like in less than a week. Eek! So without warning I have no trainer for 2 to 6 weeks. Sure, I know this is way worse for her. She's been in tears over it. This isn't a fun surgery and it's not optional either. She's only 29 and this is something that you usually hear about in much older people. I'm not totally insensitive, I feel terrible for her and I totally understand her needing to rest.

But this is definitely a test for me to see if I can keep going. I think my new goal will definitely help. I ran again tonight, plus I did have that last training session this morning and I did the Wii Fit. My whole body is yelling at me right now. It hurts...a lot.

Good luck to my trainer with her recovery and good luck to me and my test of diligence!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do it
you can do it
you can do it.

(we can help. the blogworld shall cheer you on and you know where I am should you need a loving kick in the pants!)

Michelle said...

I know that you can do it Natalie ;-)

Katie said...

That will be tough for you, but I know you can do it! Can you work with a different trainer while she's out?

Natalie said...

No, it's a small town (1000 people). No one actually works at the gym. We have codes we type in to get in. She's the only trainer in town...I know, strange. This whole middle of nowhere living is weird. But she only charges $15 a session, so I can't complain about that. :)