Thursday, October 23, 2008

I have a low thyroid

I called the doctor today because it had been over a week and I hadn't heard back with the results from my blood test. Somehow they had been placed on another doctor's desk. So with them finally in the right hands I was able to find out that my thyroid is in fact low. It's not the lowest he's ever seen, but it's low enough to medicate. I forget the name of the medicine, it's the generic for synthroid, I remember that much. I'm on the next to lowest dose. But I'm hoping that my body will start to act normal again now. Time will tell...but maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones whose body starts working in terms of weight loss. I'm not looking for a quick fix by any means, but I want my body to respond when I work my tail off. Seriously, when you're working an hour or more a day you should see results, you know? Fingers crossed!!!

No comments: