Monday, April 12, 2010

A chance at a new start

I stopped writing here, I didn't know what to say. I was pregnant again, but wasn't ready to announce it. Being scared because of the miscarriage in December I didn't want to push myself, so I didn't. But it didn't matter, on Thursday I had another miscarriage.

Physically it was easier on me than last time since I wasn't as far along. Emotionally it still hurts. I'm confused. And I'm not ready to try again for awhile. I just can't take it.

So...

I guess I've been given a chance at a new start as far as fitness goes. I've decided to give the 8 weeks to a half-marathon a shot. I started today...sort of. The first day of it is a rest day, what an anti-climatic start, huh?

I did go walking today, but not as far as I wanted. I walked to the post office to get the mail then over to the store to pick up a few things. But by that time the wind had picked up (we're in the 20-30 mph range at the moment...still) so I had to call my husband to come pick me up, it was just too crazy. But at least it was a little over a mile of walking, better than nothing and definitely better than you're supposed to do on a "rest" day.

But tomorrow...I run.

No comments: