Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And it starts...

I really had to talk myself into it tonight, but I did it. I started running. I guess technically I ran twice today since part of my training session at the gym this morning included running laps around the racquetball court. But I don't count that.

My goal was to see how long it would take me to run a mile. I'm not fast...very, very not fast. (I don't want to call myself slow) But it took me 13 minutes and 18 seconds. My next goal is to improve that time. I can tell running will be good. I started with a five minute walking warm up, then I ran my mile then cooled down for the next minute and 42 seconds. In that 20 minutes I was sweating way more than I did during an 80 minute training session in the morning doing all sorts of stuff from biking to elliptical to push-ups and ab work. The hula hoop I did on the Wii got me sweating too...but not as much. So all in all I had an active day, but I really think the running was the best part.

If I don't write tomorrow I just want to say...Happy New Year!!! May 2009 be a year of great change!

1 comment:

._. said...

that is awesome! I hope to start running in a few months (it's uh.. too cold now lol yeh that). I'm a big weenie about it.. and afraid I'll keel over LOL but I really really want to do it too. You rock :]
La