Friday, December 26, 2008

Maintaining

I really need to start writing more. I'm sure it would help me. But it's the holidays and I think subconsciously I don't want to be good. But I really do. I haven't gained over the holidays, so that's good. I've been logging extra time at the gym and on the Wii Fit to make up for the cookies, ice cream and mashed potatoes and gravy I've been eating.

Then there's a day like today...not good! My daughter has croup, and this day has been all about her. We took her to the doctor's office, we ended up going to the hospital for neck x-rays because she wouldn't swallow and was just letting her spit pool in her mouth then she would drool it out like crazy. They were worried she had something worse. We had to drive 40 miles to get to a pharmacy to get her medication and then I had to make dinner and she just wanted to cuddle. She only drank juice, didn't touch a bite of food. So I cuddled with her until bedtime. I never got to the gym and now I'm so exhausted (I was up more times than I can count last night because of my daughter's sickness). Today I'll probably log a gain...oh well. She's totally worth it, so I don't regret it. I just wish I'd eaten better. With all the go, go, go I so didn't eat well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im feeling for you with the croup!

I know how exhaustingstressful that is---just take care of her and you and focus on all else when she is well!