Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Complete Frustration

I'm so frustrated! You hear that if you eat well and exercise you'll be healthy and lose weight. But you know what? That isn't working for me. On August 1, 2008 I started being very careful about exercising and watching what I eat. Sure, I messed up during the holidays a bit...but I didn't gain over the holidays either. But my weight won't drop. I'm about 4 or 5 pounds down from August 1st, but that's it. I've been playing around this number for months upon months.

I've been running for 21 days, today will be day 22 and that hasn't made a difference. I'm not giving up, I want to run the half-marathon in December. But dang it...I don't know what to do.

My trainer called last night and she's ready to get working again. So I'm meeting with her today. But even those workout weren't making me lose any weight before.

I feel like crying all the time. I feel ugly. I feel fat. My husband says I'm beautiful, but he's blind...not literally. I see others lose weight so easily while I can't. What's wrong with my body???

5 comments:

beckyjomama said...

I am so there with ya girl ... but, sadly, I fell off the wagon. I am a complete emotional eater and have been dealing with a lot of "stuff" lately. I did really well for Hot For The Holidays - and it is a good thing, cause I have gained all but two pounds back since then. ARRRRGGGHHH!!! I REALLY need to find another vent for emotional moments! REALLY!

All I can say is keep it up! You are getting healthy and that is HUGE! You can do this! 21 days - I am so proud of you!!!

Anonymous said...

If you are RUNNING, you must be healthy. I cannot run. I have arthritis, but I think that may just be an excuse. :-p hehe

Continue to eat healthy, the other alternative is give up and go back to binging on chocolate and skipping the healthy "real" foods, if you are like me.

Whether you lose weight now, or later, you WILL lose if you continue to eat healthy. I always hit plateaus. Sometimes they are physical, but more often they are emotional.

I have lost 29 lbs since March of 2008.

I wanted to lose 35.

Maybe someday. But I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! :-D

Patience is a virtue ;)

I think you are rockin it, myself :)

Stephanie said...

Have you had your thyroid checked? I don't want to write a novel here but:In 2002 my New Year's Resolution was to get healthy/lose weight. I cut out sodas and sugar and joined a gym. I went 4 times a week and got a trainer PLUS a nutrition consultant. After 5 months I had lost nothing. I started walking an hour a day on top of everything else I was doing. I still lost no weight. In August (after I was burned out) I went to the doctor and found out I had hypothyroidism. Soon afterwards, I met my husband and stopped trying so hard. Last year I joined WW and still had trouble losing weight. They said I had to eat all my points. I'm sorry that this doesn't have a wonderful ending that I lost 60 lbs but I got pregnant and WW won't let you be a member if you're pregnant! But for you- continue to make healthy choices and get that thyroid checked!

Natalie said...

I did get my thyroid checked. The doc put me on the second to lowest dose. A month later he checked me again and decided to put me on the lowest dose. Sigh...I just lose. LOL!

Rhonda said...

Hi Natalie,
I am feeling the same as you. I wish I could make it all just go away so we could be the weight we want and feel good again.