Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My whole body hurts!

I forgot to mention that my goal this week was to exercise at least 2 hours a day during the 5 days my husband has off and do at least my run if not more on the days he does work. Well, today was his fourth of those five days off and I've met my goal each day. So now...I HURT!!! LOL! I'm not sure there's a part of me that doesn't hurt. I mean, maybe my left pinkie is ok, but seriously I just ache. Tomorrow I have to do it again, I want to make my goal. I'm meeting with my trainer in the morning, then I think I'll stay and do the elliptical for a bit. Once I get home I'll hop on the treadmill to get my run in (day 24 in row) and will have all my exercise done early in the day. At least that's the goal.

I'm pretty proud of myself today. On Tuesday I was supposed to up my run to 1.75 miles, but Monday night I decided to see if I could do it early and I did. So now I was supposed to wait until next week to up my run to 2 miles, but...well, I was at 1.75 miles and felt like I could do more. Sure, I was dying, but not dead. So I pushed on and ran the two miles. Then I took the baby for a walk on the walking path around the park while my husband took our other daughter to the park (we had a rare 70+ degree day here). After that I changed clothes and went to the gym. I spent about 10 minutes on the bikes and 60 minutes on the elliptical. It was a GOOD exercise day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR YOU!!!! I really think you rock!!! Keep up the good work chicka!!

Natalie said...

great job on all of the exercise. the results will show up on the scale soon...they have to with you working this hard!!!