Thursday, January 7, 2010

Addicted much?

Geez! I had no idea I was so "addicted" to Diet Coke. Seriously.

I've given up caffeine, which of course means Diet Coke, every time I've been pregnant and continue to not drink it while breastfeeding. That meant with my youngest I gave it up for 30 months! So you'd think if I could do that cold turkey that I couldn't possibly be addicted.

BUT


The massive headache I had yesterday until I drank some pretty much proves I have myself a crazy Diet Coke addiction. Dang!

I realize as soon as I had the miscarriage (five weeks ago tomorrow...sigh) that I started drinking it again...like a lot of it. Seriously, some days I'd drink 64oz of it. Yikes!

That headache was awful! I don't think I can go cold turkey. So I'm going to slowly wean myself off it it...hopefully I'll be done with it in time to get pregnant again.


On a side note...I've been walking every day so far this month (aside from today, but I will as soon as my husband gets up...he was working late last night so he's snoozing away right now).

2 comments:

Jen said...

It is not the diet coke that you're addicted to, but the caffeine. Here is what I did to wiene myself from caffeine. Buy some caffeine free diet coke to go along with your regular diet coke. The first couple days, mix 1/3 CF with 2/3 regular, a few days after that go to 1/2 and 1/2, a few days after that go to 2/3 CF and 1/3 regular and then eventually go to all CF. If you do this over the course of a couple of weeks, you'll quickly be unaddicted! Just don't start drinking the regular stuff again.

I read some of your posts about losing weight. Great job with the effort! I have spent years using fad diets and losing weight and then gaining it all back when the fad got old. The diet I recently started really isn't much of a diet, but a workbook to help you make small changes over time. The diet is called the You Forever Slim Diet. It is simple and easy to follow. I am making small sustainable lifestyle changes each week. I am not going to lose 15 pounds in 1 week with this diet. Over time however, I will lose weight and develop healthy habits. If you're serious about losing weight and keeping it off forever, you should check it out...

http://www.youforeverslim.com/

Unknown said...

did you try having a big glass of water before th coke? maybe you're just getting headaches from being dehydrated and it's the liquid that makes you feel better.